WHY USE 30 x 30 cm GARDENING?
Benefits of gardening this way?
Achieve maximum productivity out of a small garden plot
- You can grow a lot more in a much smaller space.
- Instead of sowing seeds thickly though out a row, you only need 2-3 seeds per square to grow one plant that doesn’t need the thinning that rows require.
- Watering is more direct, therefore you waste less.
- Weeds are easy to control in square foot gardening, as they are in a controlled space, with lightweight soil and are easily accessible.
- Fertilizing becomes easier, and less is used, again because of the controlled space.
- It looks more attractive, and less chaotic than the typical veggie garden.
- The plants are healthier due to crop rotation that happens though the natural progression of the squares, and better air circulation.
- Having the plants close together allows you to spot and treat pest infestations easily.
- You can build and grow a square foot garden right on top of even hard clay soil.
Convinced? Take the easy steps to square foot gardening success!